What are my options? How do I respond to my thoughts and feelings?
I can accept, change or let go...
"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." Viktor Frankl
What are my options?
- What can I change? Environment, situation or my reaction?
- How can I make the changes?
- What resources do I need?
- When can I do it?
- What do I do first?
- It is as it is
- I don't have to agree with it, or judge it good or bad
- I can always come back to it later
- I can keep my options open
- This is a normal body reaction
- I don't have to fight it, or try to stop it
- It will pass
- Is it worth it?
- Is this something I can leave or let go, and move on from?
Save or print this page as PDF
ACT: Accept, Choose, Take Action!
STOPP - 5 self-help steps for difficult situations
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy